Thursday, January 24, 2013

Back from the dead!!!

Well its been almost 2 months since hellgate and I feel like I am coming back from the dead. I feel joyful on the trails again. I feel like I can run with people again. I feel like I want to race again. Even though tonight was a freezing 27 degrees I enjoyed it. I liked not feeling my hands a little. I enjoyed being out of breath going uphill. I just enjoyed it.

So I signed up for Holiday lake this past week. Why? I don't know. Its such a painful race cause its just all out redlining from start to finish but i thought....why not? Just using it to train for Promise Land I guess. Either way don't know if I'm in holiday lake race shape but I will give it my all.

This past weekend went out and ran a loop and a half at Holiday and i think the snow made me utilize my toes a little more than usual causing some inflammation on the front of my shin which i think is tendinitis.I feel a little squeaking in the tendon also when i lift up my toes. Icing, resting, and rolling is really helping but I definitely feel it and hope its gone by the race. This is not my first bout with this though.

So 2013 will be the years of 5 for me. If I race promise land, MMTR and hellgate it will be my fifth consecutive time to run those. Its seems like only yesterday that I was a fat boy running promise land for the first time. This picture was after I lost 20 pounds also

Promise land 2009

So those races are definitely on the docket for this year. Also I plan on trying to go back to highland sky and see what can be done there. I honestly have been asking myself the question..."where do i go from here" Not that I'm the bomb runner or anything but i keep wondering if I have the same effort to be able to run these races as hard or harder.

So lets see what happens. Hope to see you all out on the trails soon.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck in 2013 Frank. I'd love to see you try to lower your Highlands Sky record. Ten years of very good runners there and you are number one. Can you run faster this year with some course knowledge? I think so . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear Frank! I understand the burn out I was there and I choose not to race anymore :)!!! But u still have life and spunk in u... Have fun on holiday lake and I may see u out there :)

    ReplyDelete